Student Resources
Agent Resources

Credit Transfers

International Student Credit Transfer

Credit transfer is recognition for study you have already completed and which may count towards a higher qualification.
To receive Credit Transfer, you must be enrolled in the relevant program. Credit Transfer can be granted if you provide us with certified copies of your qualifications, a Statement of Attainment or a Statement of Results. All qualifications will be verified.

Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)

Recognition of Prior Learning is a process that recognises your current skills and experience regardless of where and when the learning has occurred.
Your application can be based on any combination of formal or informal training and education, work experience or general life experience.
To apply for Recognition of Prior Learning you must complete the RPL kit and provide all supporting evidence including, but not limited to:

  • Portfolio of work, such as completed assessments, projects and work books from previous studies.
  • Images showing you at the work place.
  • Media write-ups
  • References – must be verifiable
  • Employment Contracts
  • Payslips

Where there is insufficient evidence to support your application, you might be required to supplementary assessment tasks including, but not limited to:

  • Oral and/or written tests.
  • Observation of you performing tasks.
  • Workplace visits

You have the right to formally appeal the RPL assessment outcome through the Salford College appeals process.

For More Information Please Read

RPL Application Form

RPL Information Kit

Domestic Student Credit Transfer

The RTO recognises Qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by other Registered Training Organisations throughout Australia. The policy on National Recognition clearly states the recognition and application process.  Recognition is granted by direct recognition of the competency unit completed at another RTO. The applicant must provide original testamurs for verification prior to acceptance of recognition. The RTO will record this as a credit transfer against the relevant unit(s).

Credit transfer is where students have completed units of competence from a current or previous training package that are comparable (through a mapping process) to those you are about to be or are currently enrolled in.. Student can apply for RPL/Credit Transfer within 14 days of their enrollment.

To apply for Credit Transfer, fill out the Credit Transfer form (available at Student Administration) and attach copies of the evidence you have (e.g. Statement of Attainment or Certificate) to show you have completed the unit.

Download Credit Transfer Form Below:

Credit Transfer Application