STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Salford College endeavours to identify any support services that students may need prior to your enrolment or commencement of training. Identifying learning needs is very important to ensure we can provide you with the right support.
Learning support may be required for students with:
- hearing impairment
- intellectual disability
- learning disability
- mental illness
- physical disability
- vision impairment
- cultural requirements
The support services we provide includes:
- Language, literacy and numeracy (LLN support)
- Coaching – Your Trainer is here to support your learning needs such as providing coaching in time management; reading and writing; researching; mathematics; listening; using the computer and internet; correct use of punctuation, grammar and structure of writing for reports.
- assistive technology, where possible.
- adapting our resources, training delivery and assessment methods. There are many ways we may adapt our services. For example, by offering verbal assessment or giving a student with a back injury regular breaks.
- Referral to external support agencies – Please download register of support services for more information Click Here
As part of our application and induction process, students will need to identify their learning needs. Students can contact their Trainer or the Student Support Officer at any time to discuss their learning support requirements.